BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
• Please advise us of your flight details in advance if you would like us to arrange your transfers to and from the airports.
• Please bring your own beach towels. Bath and hand towels are provided, but are not suitable for use by the pool.
• We provide a Turkish ‘pay as you go’ mobile phone (00 90) (0) 535 628 6332) in the villa. Give this number to family, friends and work colleagues as your local contact number in Kalkan, together with our agents contact details.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
• The villa will be cleaned on a light basis every day, with a full clean twice a week, including a linen and towel change.
• Laundry requirements – the washing machine is discretely housed in the cupboard on the first floor, and the iron and ironing board are found in the cloakroom on the first floor. There is also a local laundry service.
• The garden and pool are maintained daily by Muhattin – he is very helpful and is happy to do odd jobs.
• There is a large water container with pump to provide a plentiful supply of drinking water. Please ask for refills from either Hakan or Muhattin the gardener. Tip: Fill the glass jugs with mineral water and leave in the fridge for constant chilled water.
• There is a full range of crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, dishes and glasses in the kitchen cupboards. Please explore.
• We have provided plastic wine and drinking glasses etc for use around the pool.
• Cooker. microwave, juicer, wine rack generally well equipped kitchen.
• All bedrooms have ample pillows and plenty of hangers.
• In the rare event that a blanket is required, these can be found in the wardrobes .
• A First Aid kit with a range of treatments is provided (in the master bedroom)
• Hairdryers and vanity units in each bedroom.
• A large heater in the top floor shower room provides hot water, which will be pre-set for you. Please ask Hakan if you would like a change of setting
- All the bathrooms have been modernised and redesigned in the last 4 years with walk in showers , simple elegant design. .
TIPS TO ADD TO YOUR ENJOYMENT
• The fruit and vegetables from the Thursday market and behind the taxi rank are extremely tasty – do try them.
• Buy fresh mint or sage and make fresh, very healthy tea (without milk).
• Buy a large bag of oranges and make delicious fresh juice in the morning with the juicer provided.
• Buy a jar of the local honey with nuts and try with yoghurt for breakfast.
• Additional coffee machine capsules can be bought from Cafe Leon in the village – incidentally a great place for a real English breakfast – ask for Levant or Jane.
HONESTY WINE BAR, PROVISIONS AND DRINKING WATER
A Welcome Pack is provided on arrival. Please feel free to relax and uncork a bottle of wine as the need arises. We would ask that you replenish our stock, like for like please, and have made a list of the bottles below.
• White wine – Cankaya or Angora 3 Bottles (fridge)
• Rose wine – Lal 3 Bottles (fridge)
• Red wine – Angora 2 Bottles (wine rack)
• There is a large mineral water container with pump to provide a plentiful supply of drinking water. Please ask for refills from either Hakan or Muhattin the gardener. Tip: Fill the glass jugs with mineral water and leave in the fridge for constant chilled water.
We provide a ready supply of essentials (tea, coffee, washing powder) and request that guests replenish as and when supplies begin to run out, so that future guests can enjoy the facilities fully.
• At certain times of the year, mosquitoes can be unwelcome visitors, though because of our elevated position, their effect is usually minimal. We have found that taking the vitamin B1 (Thiamin), available from most health stores, daily for two weeks prior to departure and during your vacation may significantly reduce your attractiveness to mosquitoes.
• ‘Mozzy Machines’ are provided for each bedroom, with a supply of tablets for the start of your stay. Please be kind enough to replace the supply if they are running low. Remember to plug in the machines before you leave for dinner and close the windows and bedroom doors.
• It is recommended to take precautions, such as the use of repellents, before going out for the evening. Anti-mosquito spray for the rooms is provided and replacements are available in all the local stores.
• When you are at the villa during the day, by all means leave the French windows open, but close the curtains to keep the room cool and then close the windows in the late afternoon.
Washing Machine available.